Friday, October 16, 2009

Getting Ready for Homecoming


Tomorrow is Homecoming 2009 at the University of Alabama - "A Return to Glory" is the theme. Here are some of the sights around campus today
Lawn decorations on Sorority Row, windows painted on the "strip", a city of tailgating tents on the quad, the Million Dollar Band practicing, wood piled high for the bonfire & pep rally tonight, and even a cute Bama scooter in front of the Locker Room store.
And, just in time, the rain has finally stopped and it actually feels like FALL. It couldn't be a better weekend in Tuscaloosa!!! ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

5 comments:

Judi said...

Thanks for the post! I've had the flu all week so I haven't had a chance to get out and see any of the Homecoming decorations. Looks like it is going to be a beautiful day!

D said...

Aw, Judi, I'm so sorry you're sick!
I had the flu a couple of weeks ago and it was NO FUN. I'm posting some pics of the parade today. Hope you feel better soon!
Roll Tide!!!

AmandaJean said...

I'm in this picture! I'm a member of the Million Dollar Band Colorguard. I am front and center of the flags wearing the grey jacket. I really love your blog, especially the historic downtown pictures.

D said...

AmandaJean, Thanks for stopping by. Glad I caught you. It was literally a drive by picture. I tried to get the band in the parade but just at the WRONG moment, my camera batteries died. BOO!
It was a great weekend. Thanks for the blog compliment!

jane said...

I'm jealous of your homecoming celebration! I never was able to make it to mine, and now I live vicariously through others. I can picture all the tailgating tents, the classic band music, and the must have bonfire.