Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Postcard Tuesday



If posting around here doesn't pick up, I'll have to change the name to Tuscaloosa Tuesday Photo! Shame and a disgrace with no excuse other than, LIFE happens and frequently at the most inopportune times. So, with the photo well dry and the camera card empty, I submit an old postcard. Here's Broad Street - now University Blvd. - facing east toward the University of Alabama. The bank building from last week's post is in the center of the card. Click to enlarge for detail.

3 comments:

gogouci said...

I'm willing to bet my bottom dollar that the view from this vantage point looks much different today.

Frank said...

That is so cool to be able to see the bank in this postcard. I can't belive how wide the street was (or is)

Nice!

Gerald (SK14) said...

I love old postcards like these.