Monday, September 8, 2008

Moundville Downtown



Tuscaloosa's neighbor to the south is Hale County. This is the town of Moundville. These shots don't do it justice. The sun was setting and I'm not a photographer. But I think you can see the streetscaping they've done. There are flowers and lamp posts. Most of the storefronts are vacant. There's a brand new bank building though. The second picture is Miss Melissa's Cafe. It's nearly legendary. People drive from Tuscaloosa just to eat there. On this weekday afternoon, it was closed. This week, I'll share more pictures from our road trip to Hale County.

3 comments:

Virginia said...

I've been to Moundville on field trips but never have seen the town center.

Tanya Breese said...

I love small town Main Streets...Miss Melissa's sounds scrumptious!

Janet said...

This restaurant sounds wonderful! I haven't been through Moundville in a long, long time. Looking forward to the rest of your Hale Co. photos since that is where I grew up.