Thursday, February 5, 2009

Windy Flags at Sunset


I took this pic on the drive home last night at sunset because I liked the flags waving pretty much straight out. It was very windy, and COLD. I almost deleted it because of all the other junk in the photo that I couldn't crop away. Again, bad photography on display. But then I noticed the cool light streaks at the bottom. Other people do it on purpose and it's an effect. I did it and have no idea how! Must be the hhhh...eeee...sss...iii...tttating shutter speed on the nighttime camera setting.

5 comments:

Halcyon said...

I sort of like all the "other junk". The lights and the sunset are very pretty together. I've always been a fan of that slightly blurred style.

George said...

I'm glad you didn't delete this.

Tanya Breese said...

I like it but I like pictures with alot of stuff to look at! What's that drive-thru, Checkers? And hey, I can't see any powerlines, but see they do exist in the distance!

D said...

Thanks yall! Maybe I should post all my other loser pics. :)
Yes, that is a Checkers drive in and theres a car wash behind it. Hey, you can even see a dumpster I think! ha ha

valeria said...

It's a cool photo, good job you didn't delete it!!!!