Sunday, November 30, 2008
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Today is the Iron Bowl, the football game between the University of Alabama (my alma mater) and their state rival, Auburn University.
Final Score: Alabama 36, Auburn 0
This victory is particularly sweet. We haven't beaten Auburn in YEARS. AND, we've NEVER beaten Auburn in our own beloved Bryant Denny Stadium. It's about time! The curse is broken!
Friday, November 28, 2008
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Monday, November 24, 2008
I spent the day at my parents' house with my favorite kiddos.
Niece is sick & can't play outside. :( So, we made leaf rubbings and cut them out. She likes the blue ones best. Nephew's favorite cousin/best bud left town for the holidays. Then, it poured down rain. Mom says you can NOT ride your four wheeler in the pouring rain. Unfortunately, that was AFTER he had already made a round or two and was soaked through to the skin.
On the ride home, disappointed nephew said,"It wasn't much of a day."
Thanks to Kathleen at Southern Artistic Touch for tagging me. Be sure to visit her blog. Her posts are always intersting, plus she's an artist AND she plays James Taylor on her site!
The rules of this Meme are:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
Six Random Things About Me:
1. I play piano. Not a virtuouso, but I can rock the Baptist Hymnal.
2. I love old/vintage/antique stuff. I'm pretty sure I was born in the wrong decade.
3. My sense of smell is my superpower. It is also very annoying to others.
4. Organizing things makes me happy. Ironically, I married Mr. Disorganized.
5. I'm a PK. (preacher's kid -- but I'm one of the ones who turned out okay)
6. I'm a treehugging, recycling, reducing, reusing, conservative. I know, go figure.
Tagging the next six:
1. Tanya at Around Roanoke, VA
2. PJ at Pensacola Daily Photo
3. Halcyon at Jackson Daily Photo (who just returned from China)
4. Helen at Mainz Daily Photo
5. Antonia at Sofia Daily Photo
6. Lily Hydrangea at Long Island Daily Photo
Friday, November 21, 2008
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Monday, November 17, 2008
Sunday, November 16, 2008
1 Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands.
2 Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing. 3 Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
5 For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Monday, November 10, 2008
I'm savoring every single day of Fall and taking in all its color I can before the stark days of winter. I pass this lovely flaming tree every morning on my way to work. This is another drive by shot. I cropped it so you couldn't see the power lines! :)
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Friday, November 7, 2008
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Monday, November 3, 2008
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Waiting for the parade to start!
Big Al and the Alabama Cheerleaders!
The drumline for the University of Alabama's Million Dollar Band
College of Nursing float
Alabama 35, Arkansas State 0
Not exactly a fair matchup, but hey - it was Homecoming!
Edited to add: WE'RE NUMBER 1 !!!! RRRROOOOLLLL TIDE